From:
Craig Kirouac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 16:45:41 -0500
I was doing my spring cleaning very recently, which I have done for many years.  This includes blowing out my computer case, and pulling all the fans out and cleaning them using rubbing alcohol (this includes the processor fan).  After replacing all the fans and replugging my system back together, the computer has lots of trouble doing the initial memory count up when it first starts up.  The computer reports that there is 256 megs of ram and my pentium 3 is running at 500 megahertz.  i suspect differently.  the computer runs very slow all around, has trouble multitasking, and is generally annoyingly slow.  There is a discernable slowdown in startup time as well.
    I am running WinXP Pro on Pentium 3 500, GeForce 2 MX 400, SB PCI 512, Abit bx6 rev 2, WD 20 gig and 10 gig.
    I welcome any advice.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com