From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 09:07:11 -0800
For making new CDs, the software that is built in with XP is not all
that bad. I was just used to using Roxio EZCD Creator. When making
copies of CDs, however, XP requires you to copy the CD to hard disk
(manually) and then create a CD from the HD. Roxio version 5 includes a
CD copier that runs under XP. I am not sure that I find version 5 any
better than 4.3 that I had been using. If there is a problem reading the
CD, Roxio will hang and require the use of task manager to kill the
process - a bit annoying.

My CDRW is a Plextor 121032A which came bundled with Roxio software
version 4.2. Plextor has an upgrade path where for $9.95 plus $5
shipping you can get Roxio version 5.

Hope this helps.

Peter
Peter Shkabara