From:
SatPrem Reddy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 00:31:29 +0530
Hi all,
 I am encountering a very strange problem. I have WinXP pro
installed on a 667MHz PIII with 128 MB RAM and 10GB hdd.
Recently, the OS has been showing the free disk space wrong.
Let's say I have 100MB free on a disk and I delete a 200MB file,
the free space is still 100MB (this doesn't happen all the time
though. I have tried restarting the system but to no use. Also,
sometimes, when I delete a file, the amount of free space
increases by an amount greater than the file size. For example,
if I delete 20 MB, the free disk space increases by 100MB.

 I don't think this is a virus or something as I've got Norton AV
2002 installed. Anyway, if you do think it is a virus that somehow
found its way inside, then do let me know.

 Please send me a solution to this problem. By the way, one of
my friends has exactly same configuration and he too has got
the same problem.

-Satprem

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com