From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 21:57:02 -0400
So what happens if you leave it plugged in to the one the speakers are on, and just put the speakers on the other port?  Will the printer be found on first boot, and will the speakers work?  Have you checked www.epson.com for updated Win Me compatible drivers for the 740.  It is an older model that came out before Win Me, and I'm sure Epson has an update for the drivers. Have you tried a USB hub between your computer and the printer and speakers?  I have Win 98 (1), and my USB printers (3) will only be recognized in the USB plug where they were originally installed.  Even when I use USB hubs (2), I must always plug all USB devices into the installation plug to get them to be found.

>I have a USB ported Epson ink jet printer, Stylus Color 740, which works well.  My problem is in Windows Me recognizing it over the USB port.  The drivers are installed, but everytime I must boot Windows Me, it does not find the printer.  All jobs directed to it fail.  The Epson Status Monitor 2 thinks it is there somewhere, but the Status says 'Searching'.
>
>I have USB speakers plugged into my second USB port which continue to work fine.
>
>To get the printer going again, all I have to do is unplug the 2 USB cables and reverse them.  The Status Monitor immediately finds the printer and will print again.
>
>I'm not offering other hardware information, since I get the same result from an old Acer 450 MHz P-II and a custom built Athlon 1.4 GHz, but both are on Windows Me.  Does anyone have an idea what I can check to keep from moving the cables with each boot?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml