From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 10:22:53 -0400
How old is the battery?  It may not be able to hold a charge even after it is fully charged. I have a video camera with a rechargeable battery that does that.  You charge the battery, put it in, the little screen shows a full charge, and a couple of minutes later it's dead.  If the battery is a recent purchase, you probably have a short that's draining it.

>I have an IBM ThinkPad 755CD which run perfectly except when you disconnect the power.  The battery is fully charged, but after disconnecting the AC power or powering up with out the AC power on, within two minutes it just shuts down.  It was donated to a Cub Scout troop and I was hoping to get it working for them.  I have searched IBM's site but have found no information on problems like this.  Does anyone have any ideas on how I could fix it?

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com