From:
Paul Getty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 07:33:38 -0500
For many, the restriction of carbohydrates lowers insulin levels and
decreases hunger, which eventually means caloric intake is reduced.
Therefore, low carb diet can equate to a longer life.

I don't think there are many people who could live on a reduced calorie diet
all of their lives.  I couldn't.  But decreasing carbs has removed my desire
to overeat, and I know that I eat less calories, although not by will power.
I'm just not as hungry.

I think this all would be appropriate for those who are linked to Syndrome X
type of problems, also called insulin resistant.

Paul