AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Katim S. Touray" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 23:33:16 -0800
Hi Peter and all,

First, I'd like to say a big "Thanks!" to Peter Munoz for taking the trouble to find
out what's been going on the Mr. Harwell's subscription to this mailing list.  Mr.
Munoz has been a tireless manager of the AAM list, from day one.  Matter of fact, he
helped us get the list hosted at St. Johns University.  Many of you can attest to his
helpful, behind-the-scenes role in the list because he is probably the one that
subscribed you to the list.

I hope the Conduit thing is brought to an amicable conclusion.  There are a number of
ways to go about it: either we have Mr. Harwell send the managers a copy of the
rejection he gets from ListServ, or he re-subscribes using another address.  Either
way, let's get this sorted out, and sorted out fast.

In the mean time, I'd like to mention that Mr. Brewoo reconsider his statement: "No
AAM member in good standing will be denied of any rights or privileges available to
other members."  The statement is suggestive of a list that's only for AAM members,
which I don't think is the case.  I suggest it be made very clear that a subscription
to the AAM list is not contingent on membership of AAM (unless the rules have been
changed).  Any suggestion that list subscribers have to be AAM members might sound
like we are insisting on payment of dues before people can join a list that's being
provided to us for free.  I should, at this point, point out that I am not an AAM
member, because I haven't paid any dues, so do let me know if the rules have been
changed such that people like me are no longer welcome on the list.

I guess that's about it.  Oh, before I forget, congratulations to the Zama's on the
birth of their baby boy.  I wish both baby and parents all the best.  Have a great
week, and best wishes.

Katim