VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
david poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
david poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2005 10:33:46 -0500
This is somewhat of an unrealistic view in that it is not an either or
situation and the coming months is a short time for assistives to get their
act together.  I think though that less than a year should be sufficient and
if we get behind it as some have, this open source idea which spans the
globe and many applications and platforms other than windows can have huge
benefits.  The problem right now as I see it is that some companies have
taken it upon themselves to endeavor to grab market share with it and as a
result, we may see a wattered down or a slow down in progress where
accessibility for the blind is concerned.  I'm waiting for stuff to come out
of csun which might shed some lite on happenings where the mozilla family is
concerned.

I think this discussion should be held on:
http://www.freelists.org/list/webwithout-ie

Johnnie Apple Seed