VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gordan Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gordan Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 18:26:39 -0700
As a man just entering his four score  years on earth, it was fascinating
listening to this long, long, long diatribe about ????  As a child I remember
the boom and bust proceeding 1929.  The long era of recovery, dust bowls.
college grads pumping gas, ostrich like isolation thinking preceding WW II,
Pearl Harbor, (the ending of the great depression), my vain glory as a
military pilot saving the world for ???, Big Bands, swing music and jitter
bugging, the "Big Bang for the Buck" etc. etc. etc.  You have read all about
it in your history books, and from your elders (those over and under 80).
Now, thank God, I cam look back with nostalgia, remembering the best and
dropping the rest.  I am glad I was resilient enough to survive into the 21st
Century.  Hey, I love life, I rejoice in today's marvels, and I salute the
generations to come.  If I had written this in my 20's, on a portable
typewriter, dictionary at hand, (no spell check them), and best of all, who
would have published it.  . Gordon Wahl