From:
Meck & Pat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 07:48:53 -0800
My floppy drive is suddenly not recognizing a media change since installed
XP

I seldom use the floppy, but occasionally I have a need to zip some files
spanning diskettes.

I wanted to do this yesterday and needed 2 floppies.  The first disk was
written fine, I swapped disks when asked and was startled to get the message
that there was no room on the disk which was a freshly formatted one.

When I "opened" the disk, there were the files listed, the same files that
were on disk 1!

I began to suspect a problem with Power Archiver, which has never failed me
before.

After further investigation, I realized it was the floppy Drive.

Before I open the case and replace the drive, has anyone had this type of
problem after installing XP?  Not a clean install, It was an upgrade.

Pat Langston

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com