Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 21:00:15 +1300
Kevin, I've just installed a Maxtor 40Gb 7200.  Nice drive, runs very cool.
I'm looking at the included leaflet right now.  Dunno if you got this also but there are apparently 2 types of jumper groups, A and B.  My drive has type B which, looking from right to left with the drive right side up, goes 2pins, 2pins, 2 pins, 2 pins, 1 pin. This last pin sits above a plastic divider.  Master on this type has the jumper on the last pair of vertical pins before the single pin.
The type A arrangement appears to have 10 pins, with a full pair on the left, instead of a single pin as above.  Master on this type has a jumper on the first vertical pair of pins on the left, and a second jumper on the next two pins on the top row.

Feel free to mail me direct if I can help more.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys
Arrowtown
New Zealand