From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 09:07:11 -0600
FDISK is a lower-level disk operation than format.  It allows you to
partition a large physical drive into several smaller logical drives,
i.e. divide the C: drive into  C:, D:, and E:.  This was more important
under DOS than it is now under the latest versions of Windows.

It also allows you to set a drive as Active or not, if you have more
than one physical drive.

If you were able to format your drive successfully and it runs fine,
then there was no need to perform an FDISK, and it is possible
that you will never have to perform an FDISK.

Dean Kukral  [log in to unmask]