From:
Kathleen Lunson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 14:35:30 -0400
In a message dated Mon, 20 May 2002 12:41:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Marianne Fuller <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>>>(a) I'm
>trying to figure out what to eat that's good for me. (b) every expert I read
>contradicts every other expert I read, and says that eating what the other
>experts said to eat is bad for me and will cause unpleasant problems. (c) I
>don't want to eat what's bad for me and can't make sense of any of it or
>choose to what to eat. ....

>***It has nothing to do with desires. when I feel like eating something like
>chocolate or coffee I do, just in minimal amounts. I'm also not "agonizing,"
>I'm trying to use my brain to figure out what course to follow.<<

and yet you continue to eat (in albeit small amounts) foods which you have , presumably, previously determined that you should not eat.

Why not use your body instead of your brain, or at least in addition to it for a while by doing perfect paleo, even if it is not a perfect diet?

<<At this
>point in my reading (a few months of info), I'm not at the point where I can
>say "this is the answer! I've figured out what I want to do!" <<

what I find is that if I stay completely pure (without wishful thinking about possible exceptions) to paleo low carb for a long period of time, then I can trust my own body to show me what is good for me.  What I am doing may not be perfect but it is progress toward perfection.

Knowing the perfect diet is
1. impossible, as you have found out given the proliferation of conflicting opinions, and

2. not nearly so important as actually doing one that is close to perfect, perfectly.

Kathleen
4 years paleo, maintaining a 70# weight loss

so I've asked