NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
mbnoonan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 14:40:46 -0400
I hope this post gets to the List server... everytime I try it doesn't work
?? must be me :)
I live in Jefferson Twsp. NJ and Have twin boys who are anaphylactic milk
allergic.  We have (2) peanut allergies in our 1st and 2nd grade school
Arthur Stanlick school" there are 'peanut free' classrooms adn a Peanut Free
lunch table, and in our 3rd grade school "Briggs" Peanut Butter in banned
due to severity of one child's allergy.  Our schools  were recently featured
in an Daily Record article on food allergies.  I did not need to get a 504..
...so far.... Our school is more than accommodating.  My boy's even eat in
the School Cafateria... they have their own menu.  (3) safe lunches
(Hamburger, Plain Pasta -on pasta day, and a bagel bag and Campbells Chicken
Noodle soup) they also send home labels on all soups that they serve etc...
They have been wonderful.  Each Teacher has a pen, and the school nurse does
also.  The school nurse goes on all Class trips.  I'm surprised you are
having so much trouble in Florham Park.  I grew up in Florham Park and would
think in this day and age they would be more 'informed'.  Good Luck....
Mary Beth