NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Pohle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 09:29:19 -0500
I had a sudden onset of lactose intolerance at age 31. Within about a month
or two I went from ability to eat ice cream, to inability to drink a cup of
coffee with milk.  I never identified a trigger, though I had been taking
strong antibiotics for a sore throat a couple months before the problem
started.  Now I am 36 and still very lactose intolerant.  But I have learned
to adapt, and only rarely think about the problem now.  In fact, I sometimes
consider it a blessing.  I would be twenty pounds heavier today had I not
politely declined to accept dessert offers on lactose grounds for the past
five years.