NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cindy Mejia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 12:36:01 -0500
My daughter developed a milk allergy after an intestinal flu. At first we
thought it might just be lactose intolerance, but in time had to keep
eliminating all sources of milk to eliminate her symptoms. We have now found
that she is actually allergic to all milk products/components.
The best source of information I have found that describes the differences
and how to deal with them has been the Dairy-Free Cookbook by Jane Zukin.
She gives very useful information. I have tried a few of the recipes as
well, and they are good. For the most part I have started cooking everything
from scratch, making my own mixes (I have a great cookbook for this), and/or
substituting soy based milk, margarines etc in my regular recipes.
The web site maintained by the owner of this mailing list is also very
useful. http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/stevecarper
Good luck.
Cindy Mejia
Michigan