BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Hammarberg, Eric" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vodka-Breath: "Dad, try conditioner -- chicks dig it. Really."" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 10:26:43 -0500
I recall the Director of the Finlandia Museum gave a brief presentation at
the Technology and Conservation Symposium at MIT a few years back where he
described the project and stated that their "preservation" approach would be
to completely replace the facade periodically. Something like every 5 or 10
years for the current price of about $5 mil. Aalto is a god you know.

I don't know what they do with the old marble.

Eric Hammarberg
Associate Director of Preservation
Associate
LZA Technology