From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 10:40:18 -0400
I remember with fond memories my first receivers.  I had a
bc348q aircraft receiver and before that an arc5 receiver
that was good for 40 meters only.  But to tell you the
truth. none of the older receivers including the Collins
75a4 and s1 receivers work as well as today's modern
receivers.  I miss the big mechanical dials and knobs, but
the new receivers have lower noise floors, increased
sensitivity over the entire band, lower distortion and
better selectivity
Bob Tinney, K8LR, [log in to unmask]