AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hedi Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:02:07 -0600
** Visit AAM's new website! http://www.africanassociation.org **

Please visit the following link to read Time Magazine's article about
Marline Pearson who is a local teacher -  teaching classes on
Relationships. I'm personally very interested in Marline's coursework,
specifically the curriculum she is developing for High School Students.
In this day and age, we need all the tools we can find to learn how to
be "human" as we become more and more techno-reliant. While I don't
personally subscribe to "socialization" when it comes to relationships,
I think there is a need for help in "communicating" our feelings,
especially when it comes to relationships (which includes intimate, but
also professional, social and  business.) Setting boundaries is not
something that comes naturally for everyone, and even less so in a the
day and age of single and 2 working parent households. I took her class
at MATC and it really opened up my mind to all the "missing" pieces that
my "single" mom wasn't able to teach me.

Just something to think about.....Hedi

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/printout/0,8816,543781,00.html