AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abu-Hassan Koroma <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 08:49:57 +0800
The response from our brothers,Mr. Katim Touray and Mr. Peter Munoz on the above subject respectfully brings this matter one last step toward conclusion.

The onus of responsibility now lies on Mr. Hallowel to prove that the email address indicated in Mr. Munoz's response is still functional.

There are several ways to prove this.  One way is for Mr. Hallowel to send an email to the list.  The second is for us to send an email to that address and see if it goes through.

If Mr.Hallowel's email is functional we can prove his claims of banning by reviewing "moderator activities" on the list through the cooperation of Mr. Joe Brewoo, the current President and administrator of the list.  We can post that activity for all to see and verify.

What if this investigation proves  Mr. Hallowel was not banned but that in the process of owning various email accounts, he may have dropped the subscribed account?  He owes all the listserv subscribers, Mr. Munoz, Touray,  Gbedey,  Brewoo and Akyea appologies.

This matter is not about Mr. Hallowel.  It is about fairness and human decency.  Mr. Munoz contribution to the various minority organizations to own and use a listserv must not be degraded in the light of fickle public accusations. Besides, there is absolutely nothing wrong if Mayor Sue Bauman has a hand in making our need for communication among ourselves a reality.

That should be our attitude - to critize but, to also commend the good in everything we own.  If there is anything better than that in social connections and responsibility, let time clarifies that.

For now, I will make the best use of our listserv and demand that I be treated with fairness and responsibility.  Anything short of that is unacceptable!

Best Regards,
Askia
--

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup