Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 10:21:51 -0600
7bit
From:
Neal Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Ian, Joe

Thanks for the responses.
I tried the Gigabyte 7VAXP and it wasn't bad.  I read the entire
Anandtech nforce review and decided to go and exchange the Gigabyte for
the Asus A7N8X Deluxe since it was the top performer in almost all
categories of their review.
So the current system is now:  Antec server case with 400w power supply;
Asus A7N8X deluxe mainboard; Athlon XP 1800+ (got a good deal packaged
with heatsink/fan, couldn't afford the thoroughbred-B yet, but did
prepare for it with the motherboard); 256meg Corsair platinum high
performance pc3200 ram w/ Cas2 (I know I need more, but local store
wanted to much so I'm going to order on the net); 80gig WD w/ 8meg
cache; Pacific Digital DVD rom drive; GeForce4 Ti4200 w/64mb ddr (had
this for about 7 months or so, can't afford a new one yet).

I got the box built with the Gigabyte board and ran 3DMark 2001 on it. I
just have the trial version of the software, so I can only run 16 of the
21 tests.  My Ti4200 is currently back at PNY awaiting replacement, so I
had to use my old GeForce2 MX.  With the Gigabyte board I got a score of
2853.
So since my Ti4200 won't be back by the time I get things rebuilt with
the new Asus board, I will get a heads up comparison between the 2
boards with my old graphics card and I will get my own evaluation on
whether it is any better.

OS is Windows XP Pro with SP1 installed.  All the latest drivers are
being used as well as DirectX 9.

That is the update...I will post when I get the box rebuilt and run the
tests.

Thanks to everyone so far....fell free to keep the suggestions coming.

Neal Collins
A+