Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 17:02:00 -0700
7bit
From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Ryan,

I don't have a solution for you, but I too have experienced the same
symptoms but to a lesser degree than you. The e-mail address it happened
to sits behind a firewall that has antivirus software on it in addition
to my own antivirus. I received a message from the postmaster that an
address was unrecognized. The message and address were not created by
me, nor were they familiar to me. I could not identify any particular
virus activity associated with this. My conclusion was, as yours, that
somehow a message was sent as a relay through our SMTP server and used
my e-mail address as the source. Since we use authentication for
sending, I am not sure how this could have been done. I too wonder if
others have experiences of this sort.

Peter
Peter Shkabara P.E. - Computer Science Instructor
Columbia College - 11600 Columbia College Drive - Sonora, CA 95370
(209) 588-5156 - [log in to unmask] - http://gocolumbia.org/pesh