Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"John H. Miller" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 18:15:29 -0600
I have had a DSL connection for about a year now and at first I used a
"Proxy" program to connect my 2 computers.  I had 2 NICs (Network Cards)
in one computer, 1 for the local network and 1 for the DSL modem.  In
the other comptuer I had a single NIC and connected the 2 computers with
a hub.  After about 6 months, I bought a 3Com Internet Gateway.  It has
one ehternet connector that connects to the DSL modem and 4 ethernet
connectors for seperate computers.  The main reason that I feel the
"3Com Gateway" was worth the $50 is, when a computer reboots, a new DSL
IP address is not issued.  As long as I keep the power up on the 3Com
Gateway and the DSL modem, I am able to keep the same IP address for
weeks at a time and computer booting does not affect it.

And, rebooting 1 computer does not affect the person working on the
other computer.

If you don't need this then you should be able to network everything
with 2 NICs in one comptuer, 1 NIC in the other and a Proxy program to
tie them together.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com