Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 23:45:09 -0500
7bit
From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
> I am having a bit of a heat problem with my first time new home
> built system and I am
> hoping that some of the more experienced readers of these
> postings can help me.
>  My system is a 1.33 athlon with a soyo dragon mb.Cooling is by
> coolermaster
> dp5-6131c cooler that came with the processor.While I know it is
> not the best
> it was on AMD's approved list.The mb came with Smartguardian
> system monitor
> that checks system voltages as well as fan speeds,case temps and cpu temp.
> What has me puzzled is that when playing a game my cpu temps can
> be as high as
> 54C ,when in power down mode(hard drive power down in bios) it
> can be 38C,but
>  when I'm on the internet or word processing it builds as
> high as 62C.This seems a bit backwards to me. I used Arctic
> Silver 3 and thought
> that I had a thin enough coating of it.There is a front case
> fan,power supply fan
> chipset fan, and processor fan.The chassis temps show as high as
> 40C when at its
> hottest.
> I hope this is enough info.
> Thank you in advance

        I'm not quite sure what the problem is. While 62 degrees is on the higher
side, it's what mine is at (well that's a lie, it's actually at 59 degrees,
but that's close enough), and that is with AMDs retail fan and heatsink. Is
there any particular reason you need it cooler (overclocking perhaps?).
Thanks, TTYL

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml