NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 11:42:10 EDT
Lactaid has just quietly announced that it will no longer manufacture lactase
drops. I've heard various reasons, but probably it was a lack of sales volume.

Dairy Ease has not made drops for some time now.

This means I know of no US source for lactase drops, beyond what might still
remain on store shelves. (If I'm wrong, please let me know at

Lactaid was sending two bottles to "loyal customers." You can try calling
800-LACTAID to see if you can get in on this.

However, Lacteeze drops, from the Canadian maker of lactase products, are
still available. You can order them directly from the manufacturer, Gelda
Scientific.

The e-mail address to order is [log in to unmask] You can also try
calling
905-673-9320.

I also have this information up on my web site at:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/stevecarper/drops.htm

Steve Carper
Steve Carper's Lactose Intolerance Clearinghouse