From:
marian wisnev <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
marian wisnev <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 15:30:40 -0500

You may remember a short time ago I posted information about Schnuck's
own brand of corned beef that stated "Gluten free" right on the label.
Several days later I posted a brief description about Passover bakery
goods which I discovered at Dierbergs which appeared to be Gluten free.
With the cooperation of the local support group, I have decided to start
an E-mail list of Celiacs in the St. Louis area who would like to be
notified of items that we have discovered at local supermarkets.  I
envision mostly convenience food items that any one of us finds at the
corner grocery store.  I am not sure about you, but when I find such an
item, I want to shout it from the roof tops.  Please e-mail me if you
would like your name included on my 'celiac alert list', and please
notify me, if you find such an item, so that I may e-mail your good news
to others on my list.  I won't mail this news through Listserv again as I
doubt many people throughout the country or the world is interested in
what is available at St. Louis area Schnuck's.  I hope that this will be
a service to us all.  I will not check out these items.  If there is any
ingredient that you feel you should not consume, you shouldn't buy this
product or you should check the ingredients with the manufacturer.  I am
hopeful that we all can profit from such an alert.  Oh, yes, if at
anytime you wish to have your name removed from this list, just e-mail me
and I will do so immediately.