From:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 16:47:06 -0500

I checked with the company on their new black beans and got the
following response.  I knew their baked beans were GF, but it is good to
know that all but a couple of their products are okay for Celiacs.

Thank you for your interest in BUSH'S products.  As of this date, all of
our BUSH'S BEST products are gluten-free with the exception of our
BUSH'S BEST Chili Beans products and BUSH'S CHILI MAGIC line.

We do use cornstarch in some of our products (these include all Baked
Beans products, Chili Beans, and Chili Magic products), but it does not
contain gliadin gluten from wheat, barley, or rye grains, which may
cause adverse responses in persons suffering from Celiac Sprue.

I hope this information is helpful.  Please keep in mind that we are
constantly expanding our product line and may add new products that
contain gluten.  In order to ensure that a product is gluten free,
please call our office at 865-558-5445 and speak to one of our Consumer
Relations representatives.

Kenna Hess
Bush Brothers, Consumer Relations