EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Nissen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 14:21:39 GMT
Hello Norm,

WordAloud gives access by print-disabled people to text files and web
pages.  The current product version runs on Windows PCs.
But WordAloud can potentially run on palmtops with Windows CE, Linux,
or other OS supporting Java.  WordAloud includes a speech synthesiser
which is exceptionally compact and efficient - it was originally designed
for running on low-power ARM processors as you might find in palmtops.

The basic operation of WordAloud requires only four keys or buttons,
making it easier for use by people with poor motor control.  (This
design was to cater for elderly people.)

You can download an evaluation version from www.wordaloud.co.uk.

Cheers from Chiswick,

John
--

--
Access the word, access the world! -- Try our WordAloud software!!

John Nissen, Cloudworld Ltd., Chiswick, London, UK
Tel:   +44 (0) 845 458 3944 (local rate in the UK)
Fax:   +44 (0) 20 8742 8715
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web:   http://www.cloudworld.co.uk and http://www.wordaloud.co.uk