EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Nissen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 22:53:20 GMT
Hello Kelly,

As a sighted person, I would disagree with you about presentation being
important for comprehension, unless you you are talking about structure.
Some aspects of presentation show structure, for example a blank line
may indicate the boundary between paragraphs.  But other aspects of
presentation - such as use of fancy colour schemes, narrow columns of text,
and fancy fonts - are generally a distraction to comprehension unless
they are done well.  Catching the eye doesn't imply catching the brain.

So I don't think blind people are missing anything, to be honest.  And
anyway I don't know how one would substitute for the sighted person's
visual experience of these things.

Cheers,

--
Access the word, access the world! -- Try our WordAloud software!!

John Nissen, Cloudworld Ltd., Chiswick, London, UK
Tel:   +44 (0) 845 458 3944 (local rate in the UK)
Fax:   +44 (0) 20 8742 8715
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web:   http://www.cloudworld.co.uk and http://www.wordaloud.co.uk