EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ann Parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 06:54:54 -0400
Hi all,

Well, if you're talking text web chat, I haven't found anything that
works.  Indeed, I am forced this Sunday to ask a friend to come sit
with me while I access a web chat in Australia.  I have to access the
web chat because I am the keynote speaker for a conference.  It is
really aggravating!

the best chat is still IRC or MOO, Norm.  IRC is available to most
everyone and so is MOO.  ICQ is OK, and Messenger is OK, both of these
have text based alternatives in Linux, and they work OK in Windows I
guess.

However, as I say, the best and most reliable chat that I have found
is either IRC or MOO.

A note here on MOO.  One might think that one has to learn a whole
bunch of commands for MOO.  This isn't so.  Like anything that is
based in the Unix/Linux world, you can learn as much or as little as
you like.  You can learn to program in MOO, or you can just log on and
put a quotation mark before what you say in order to chat.

Personally, I'd like to take all the web chat clients and burn the
software.  They do not work for screen readers without a lot of time
and trouble in either creating set files or Jaws scripts.

Ann P.

--
                        Ann K. Parsons
email:  [log in to unmask]                   ICQ Number:  33006854