From:
Kate Chan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 22:14:58 EST

Hello All -

This is a new circumstance and I am hoping some of you may have the wisdom
and words to help out.  My husband and I have recently relocated four months
ago to a new state (2000 miles away from friends/family!).  Now that the
holidays are here, we are being invited to many dinners, potlucks, etc.  What
fun!  I only have one concern:  none of these people know about CD and we
don't quite know them well enough to bring up everything that comes along
with eating for me.  (Obviously, we've never eaten out with them and only
know them somewhat through work.)  Most of the parties are potlucks - no
problem; but I've recently been invited to a small dinner party by a couple
we've just met.  We'd love to go to the party - but certainly don't want them
to have to alter their menu thanks to me.  Any thoughts?  How can I casually
mention bringing a dish to share? or do I just bring the food?  Ay! Please
advise... I don't remember my mother/grandmother ever having to give this
etiquette lesson!

Thank you all!

Kate Chan
Seattle, WA