BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rev Clyde Shideler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 15:55:19 -0500
Laura is a long time friend of mine.  Maybe there is some way we can
promote awareness of this song. too.  Tell a friend.

Pete

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/WoOlbB/7.PDAA/ySSFAA/pDHolB/TM

This message isn't about disability or health care, but I'm very excited
about this personally, and I wanted to share my happiness with you.

"As Heaven Weeps," the tone poem I wrote about the Sept. 11 terrorist
attacks on the United States, topped the contemporary classical music
charts at MP3.com.au for the week of Dec. 19, 2001.  (As of this writing,
the rankings haven't been updated since Dec. 19.)

As some of you may know, music has been a special love and hobby of mine
for many years.  "As Heaven Weeps" was my most ambitious effort as a
composer.  I am very excited that people are listening to my work and,
particularly, that this piece has reached enough of an audience to top the
mp3.com.au chart.  This has been a very special holiday gift for me!

You can listen and/or download "As Heaven Weeps" and several other of my
.mp3 songs at my MP3 web site, <http://www.MP3.com.au/LauraRemsonMitchell>.

Happy Holidays to all!

--Laura

|============================================================|
|  0    People with disabilities: A resource to recognize,   |
|  |_              *not* a problem to solve!                 |
| ( \_)    =========================================         |
|  ***         Copyright 1999, 2000, 2001                    |
|                by Laura Remson Mitchell                    |
|    e-mail: [log in to unmask] (also: [log in to unmask])      |
| Visit my award-winning personal web site, LRM's Place, at: |
|    <http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby/7853>       |
|      shortcut: <http://www.geocities.com/dhcpolwnk>        |
|                [Last updated Nov. 29, 2001.]               |
| Now includes Search Engine and News Page (updated daily)!  |
|       Listen to .mp3 versions of my original music at:     |
|         <http://www.MP3.com.au/LauraRemsonMitchell>        |

The [log in to unmask] is a one-way list to keep you abreast of
activities of the California Disability Alliance.
-----
The work of the California Disability Alliance has been supported in part
by grants from the Disability Rights Advocates Fund of the San Francisco
Foundation and the Milbank Foundation for Rehabilitation