From:
Jan Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:05:05 -0600

Thanks for all your nice replies about my post on eating at Maggiano's.
All the responses were very positive, except for one who ate at a
Maggiano's in Tampa.  I can only speak for the one here in Denver.  The
chef told me that he serves 10-12 celiacs A WEEK!  So, if you're ever in
Denver, you need to give it a try. It's on the 16th Street Mall, in the
Pavillions.

Anyway, many asked me what he said about cooking the rice noodles.  The
package he gave me says on it...BANH PHO  RICE STICK.  Then there's a
red circle on the front with 2 horses running in the middle of the
circle, and around the circle it says "DOUBLE HORSES BRAND"  ,  and then
near the bottom it says "Packed for J & A IMPORTERS, INC.  Vernon, CA
90023  Product of Thailand.  It was a 14 oz. pkg.   I think you could
probably get this at Asian markets.  It looks nothing like the rice
noodles I've been buying from DeBoles (which to me look more like the
old spaghetti).

Anyway, he said that if he knows a day ahead that he's going to cook
these noodles, he will soak them in water for a day.  Since he didn't
know I was coming in, he soaked them in warm water for about 15 min.,
then poured the hot spaghetti sauce over them (after draining them), and
mixed.  He never cooks the noodles.  He lets the sauce warm them up.  I
hope this makes sense to y'all.  I haven't tried doing it at home yet,
but I will!

Thanks!

Jan