From:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 20:21:09 -0500

I thought I was through with this but I finally heard from the Lee Kum
Kee company about my request for clarification on their hoisin sauce.
Their response is below.  Don't eat it....there is always Dynasty's
brand on your grocer's shelf.  Joy

Dear Joy Mendez,

Thank you for your inquiry!  Hope the following can help to answer you.

The Hoisin Sauce that does not state wheat in it is our old product. Our
ingredient supplier has declared the wheat and therefore we have stated on
the new label. We have tested our old product for wheat and the amount was
undetectable, however, on the safe side, please do not consume it if your
son has celiac disease.

Best Regards,
Customer Service