Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 14:55:03 -0600
From:
Michael Finnerty <[log in to unmask]>

I was diagnosed with DH and Celiac approx 2.5 months ago and have been
doing my best to stay on a strict GF diet.  There may have been some Cross
Contamination and accidental ingestion at restaurants.

I am one of those Celiacs that have no GI problems, nor would I know if I
ate gluten. Would I get a DH reaction if I ate gluten?  I am now on minimal
dapsone. I take approx. 1 25mg tablet once a week.  I now for a fact that I
accidentally ingested gluten at a restaurant because I broke out with a
rash about 1 hour later. Would it be safe to assume that any ingestion of
gluten would cause a rash?  Not that I want to subject  my self to villi
damage, but this could be a way of determining what is safe and what is
not.

It is very easy to determine the basic gluten food items,ie breads,
cereals, beer, ect.  But some of the items in sauces, foods such as
artificial flavorings etc, make me eliminate a lot of foods that maybe are
safe to consume.

Please let me know your thoughts and I will summarize.

Thanks,

Duffy