Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 06:33:17 -0800

Here's another question for the group:  Our gastro. doc. said that he
wants my daughter to have another intestinal biopsy to see how her villi
are doing.  My daughter is seven years old and I can't stand the idea of
doing this to her. How does a mother tell her modest daughter that a
doctor will be inserting a tube in her 'bum' ??   I would like to know
how her villi are doing, but she's at the stage that this procedure
would be a devastating experience (at least I think so).  I'd like to
hear from other mothers who have gone through this. How did you help
your child?  And, from some of you who have celiac experience, do you
think I should go ahead and allow the procedure?  Thanks again.  ~ Jodie
in N.CA