From:
KEATING, CAROLINE C. (AIT) <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 16:37:33 -0400

Below is the summary of the responses I received 2 weeks ago on descent zing
for food allergies.   I asked the list if anyone had tried NAET, BIOSET, JMT
or others to get descensitized.

I received many responses.  Most said that they had used NAET and it was
beneficial, but that you should still always follow a rotation diet so you
don't develop the allergy again.  Some people said it only worked short term
or their practitioner focused on the wrongs foods.  One person mentioned
good luck with BIOSET.  No one had tried JMT.  Many people said it works for
food allergies but not Celiac.

I believe that these all may be off shots of NAET, but I'm not sure.
I am starting my treatments, so I will see how it goes.

Below are some of the comments.

  I tried Naet.  It seemed to work, but the effects wore off.  It was
also really expensive.  So I just avoid problem foods.

---------------------

For20 years I ate no wheat, oats, barley, rye, AND could not tolerate
sugars, milk products, potatoes, and soy. In addition to those reactions, I
reacted negatively to airborne things like car fumes, and perfumes, and
after-shave, and turpentine and.... I found that asthma and hay fever were
history once all those things were eliminated, and the reactions to fumes
were almost completely gone - that included irrational anger and fuzzy
thinking.

Over two years ago I tried having NAET treatments. As I had worked with an
acupuncturist in the past, with no success, I was extremely doubtful, but
decided to give it a try.

 I can now eat anything, drink anything, smell anything...NO REACTIONS.

I've done the bioset technique and believe that it worked for me.  I try
to rotate the foods I'm sensitive to still, eating them every four or
five days.  This rotation allows the body enough time between exposures
so that it doesn't build up a tolerance again.

I didn't go back to eating any wheat, rye, etc even though according to
the bioset tests I am no longer "sensitive" to them.  I am certain that
CD is not something I'll be able to get over in this manner.

----------------------------

I have read about it and
recently saw an article about it in the "Living Without" magazine.  She said

she wasn't sure she could do anything about the celiac but was pretty sure
she could eliminate the dairy allergy; which would be GREAT.  I have lots of

food allergies, so I'm hoping this will really work for me.  A friend at
work is going for some type of treatments in Canada.  I emailed them and
they said they have even been able to help celiacs.

-------------------------

My numerous allergies have been treated by my chiroproctor, with NAET
treatments for the past year and a half, and this has made a huge difference
in what I can eat.  If you have read about NAET on the internet, you know
that these treatments involve muscle testing and then using accupressure and
accupuncture while the patient holds in their hand, in a glass vial, the
allergan itself.  After the treatment, one stays clear of the allergin for
25 hours. Then you return in a few days to a week, and the doctor muscle
tests you to see if you are truly clear of these allergies.

-----------------------------

For me, NAET was a failure in not recognizing the problem with gluten
right off the bat.  And of course, that was the piece that everything else
hinged on.  Whether or not it helped me with the other food allergies --
well, it's hard to say.  I still have food allergies, which I am working on
now with acupuncture.  It's still too early to talk about success, as I have
basically only had 3 sessions.  But I am GF now and feeling much better.
The food allergies, I am sure, are a result of a leaky gut, which in turn is
due to a long-standing battle I also have with yeast infection.  So I am
working on the yeast problem with acupuncture.

Less you think the NAET practitioner just wasn't very good, I went to the
sister-in-law (Deborah Cutler) of the person who wrote the book on NAET
(Ellen Cutler).

---------------------------------------

TBM is similar to NAET.  I have seen this stuff work pretty well.

-------------------------

I had numerous NAET sessions last year from my chiropractor. Although his
chiro work was very beneficial for me (bad back, neck, shoulders, and
fibromyalgia), the NAET did absolutely nothing. In some ways, it was even
harmful because in order to see if it worked, I of course had to ingest
gluten. I got sick every time. Although I think my chiro and the creators of
NAET mean well, the sessions can go on and on forever, and I was paying
$45-$55 per session. With the NAET approach ... and this is why I kept
getting more and more treatments ... you not only need to be "desensitized"

I had NAET in California and it helped with sensitivities to scents, and
breathing problems.

It has helped me, and several of my friends, who had allergies (air and
food).  It does not eliminate cd, nor does it eliminate intolerance to
gluten.

Caroline

Caroline Keating