From:
Helen Aqua <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2001 18:39:14 -0700

Dear Listmates:

I found a really good buy on Atkins shakes & carefully checked the
ingredients list on the packaging & checked the information available on
the Atkins website.

I couldn't figure out what in my diet was causing symptoms & since I had
started mixing the shake with soy milk, I contacted the soy milk
manufacturer to find out if something had changed in their production.
The reply was that nothing had changed, it was still gluten free.

So I stopped drinking the shakes & felt better. Then I sent an e-mail to
Atkins. Here's the answer - oops!!

The Shakes are NOT gluten free. I apologize for not addressing that
question in your previous email.

I had also asked about the Atkins bars & here is the reply I got about
them:

Thank you for your inquiry in regards to Gluten in the Atkins Advantage
Bars. You'll be pleased to know that almost all of the bars are Gluten
free. Here is a listing of the flavors:

Creamy Lemon Chiffon
Creamy Berry Cheesecake
Almond Brownie
Banana Colada
Chocolate Coconut
Chocolate Macadamia Nut
Chunky Peanut Butter
Chocolate Peanut Butter
Chocolate Rasberry

I am now going to e-mail Atkins again and ask why the shake products
contain gluten & why this information is not clearly identified at the
Atkins website.

I'll update for the list.

Helen in Vancouver, BC