From:
Shughart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 05:55:58 -0500

Not only has Thai Kitchen brand now introduced a wheat based soy sauce to their Savory Garlic and their Lemongrass and Chili rice noodles, but, I am sorry to report that a packet clearly labeled "Bangkok Curry" actually contained Lemongrass and Chili seasoning. We learned this after reacting to it, alas, then confirmed with another mislabeled package from the same case which my non-celiac son confirmed was definitely the lemongrass flavor, not the Bangkok Curry as both the outer package and the inner foil packet indicated.
Perhaps a flood of e-mails requesting they find a gluten free soy sauce so that no danger of cross-contamination of their products would help us be able to return this to a "safe foods" list.
[log in to unmask] . Also, see their www.thaikitchen.com - they are fully aware of Celiac Disease and have a gluten statement which has been changed to list the new product formulations that are no longer gluten free.
Hilary, living in Oxford, Mississippi