Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 20:15:41 -0600
>   On the other hand, from the info in your message so far, we don't
> even know if you've got the right protocol(s) installed or have them
> configured correctly.  Cna you give us a run-down on what the
> networking configuration on each of these boxes looks like?
>
> David Gillett

Both machines have Client for Microsoft Networks, Microsoft Family Logon,
D-Link PCI Adapter, Dial-Up Adapter, Internet Connection Sharing, NetBEUI,
TCP/IP, and File and Printer Sharing.  I installed ICS on the main machine,
and it prompted me to insert a floppy and copy an ICS file to install on the
secondary machine.  I read on the Windows ICS webpage that I should go into
TCP/IP and assign an IP address to both machines, so I have assigned the
main computer 192.168.0.1 and the secondary computer 192.168.0.2 .

The machines are each seeing themselves on the network, but not the other.
I still am not getting a green light on one of the NIC cards, so it may be
bad.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.  If anyone thinks it would be
more appropriate to continue corresponding about this privately so as not to
tie up the list, feel free.

Thanks,
Debbie Alspaugh

> On 14 Mar 2002, at 18:35, Debbie wrote:
>
> > I am trying to network a new P4 system I just built with an HP
> > Pavilion 6640c that is a couple of years old.  I am getting DSL in
> > a few days, and I would like to share the internet connection.
> > Both are running Win 98SE.  I am using three PCI ethernet cards,
> > two on the host computer and one on the secondary computer, with a
> > crossover cable connecting the two computers.
> >
> > I've got the PCI cards and drivers installed,crossover cable
> > connected,  and I have enabled ICS on the host computer.  I would
> > like to begin sharing files and printer before I get the DSL, and
> > then share the DSL connection when it is installed.  When I go to
> > Network Neighborhood, I get an "unable to browse the network"
> > error.  Am I missing a step?   How do I enable the network?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Debbie Alspaugh

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com