From:
Douglas Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:38:56 -0500
You may get your setup to work if you reserve in the BIOS
 the IRQ that you have set on your ISA modem.  I'm assuming
 that your Sportster is IRQ and Port configurable.  I've
 not used the Asus but most of the BIOS's will allow you to
 reserve an IRQ for legacy (ISA) devices and not have it
 available for P-N-P assignment.  I'd copy down all your
 IRQ usage before re-booting though since Windows may
 shuffle your IRQ'a and make something else not work.

Doug