From:
George Philp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 12:27:54 -0500
Marshall,

After reading your request for assistance, I remembered the problems I had
installing Win2K on a dual boot system, with Win98SE on C drive. I was
getting the same error messages. I had some very knowledge people trying to
help me install Win2K on D drive, but to no avail.

We tried everything.

I had 384MB's of RAM, after removing the 254MB stick of RAM the program
installed with no problems at all. I then exchanged the RAM stick and
reinstalled it, so that I now am back to my original configuration of Win98
on C drive and Win2K on D drive which are on the same hard drive. I have
not tried to reinstall Win2K since replacing the RAM. I have let sleeping
dogs lie.

I don't know if this will work in your case, but it did in mine. I have
even had to format C drive and with the help of Win2K startup disks and the
Emergency Repair Disk for Win2K to get my options menu back at startup.

HTH, George