From:
"Brian L. Sanburn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 16:41:19 -0600
Good afternoon everyone...

    It appears that I've short-circuited my HD.  With the HD disconnected
(power) I turned on the PC as I was doing some work on other hardware.
White the PC was on I went to plug in the power connection for the HD when
an arc jumped between the plug and the connectors on the HD.  So now the HD
is not recognized by the BIOS and the HD light is on constantly with no
sounds of spinning up/down or anything else.  And the BIOS can find no
location (floppy, HD, CD) with the OS.  Have I done irrepairable damage to
the HD?  Most of the data was recently backed up but if I could get it up
and running for a few minutes I could pull off those remaining files.  Any
help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Brian Sanburn