From:
Patrick Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 01:01:45 -0500
Brian,

All you need is the Router, and 1 NIC for the 98 computer and one for the 1
NIC for
the 95 computer.

Now, if you didn't have the router and had 98 Second Edition, you could use
2 NICs in that machine and connect one NIC to the 95 computer, and the other
NIC to your Cable modem, to share with ICS (Internet Connection Sharing).

 I had the latter setup for a while using windows 2000, but found it
inconvienced my mother on her computer which I had networked to share my
cable modem, when ever I would upgrade my computer.  I eventually went with
the router option, that way if my computer had to be down for servicing for
a day, she could still access the net.  I'm thankful this time I had the
router setup...this last upgrade went a bit wrong, so my I'm having to use
her computer until my new CPU comes in.....trust me i won't even dare go
into the details on that one ;)

Your D-Link router should come with instructions, I know my Linksys 4 n 1(4
port switch /and 1 WAN port to Modem).  Came with very detailed instructions
on setup.

Good Luck!

Patrick
CCNA