From:
Jay Merritt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 10:43:05 EDT
Hello all,
I have Win ME on following system:
Abit SH6, P3-933/133 Slot1, 128 MB Ram CAS 2, Radeon all in Wonder-AGP, Highpoint Raid controller, SB Live 5.0 Plat., Cnet Pro 200 NIC, USR 56K PCI controller based modem, various HDD's and CDs. Suspend to Ram is enabled in BIOS. Wake on Lan and Wake on Ring are also enabled in BIOS.
The problem is when I choose RESTART from the ShutDown menu, the unit goes thru the motions until the very last, when it just hangs at a black screen with a flashing cursor at the upper left of the screen. Conversely, when I choose SHUTDOWN from the Shutdown menu the unit will shutdown OK, but will retart in 3 seconds. I then let the system reboot and choose ShutDown again and then it will stay off.
Anybody have any ideas for me or had similar problems.  All sugestions welcomed.
TIA,
Jay Merritt