From:
"Gary R. Tennesen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 09:53:57 -0700
Greetings Builders:

I "successfully" installed a wireless network using Intel's AnyPoint usb
devices; however, the PCs that are about 60 feet away will lose the
connection with the ICS host at the other end of the house.

Again, the PCs are within the 100 feet.  Sharing of printers and drives
worked just fine but client connection to the host ICS machine seems to last
for only about 3 to 5 mouse clicks on the Internet while the host is still
connected and able to browse the Internet.

I've placed the tranceivers on top of the monitor so that they will have a
height advantage and broadcast would be better (per Intel's FAQ page) and it
still seems unreliable.

Has anybody here dealt with "boosting" RF networks?  Would I be able to
install a 20 foot USB extension and run the AnyPoint up in the attic for a
clearer radio transmission?

Any help will be appreciated!
gary r. tennesen

(formerly [log in to unmask])