Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Marg Belliveau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:35:00 -0400
GoodDay Terrence,

First, you must realize, this can only work one way, in other words, you can only
access the XP computer FROM the Win98, 2000 machines...you cannot access the 98, 2000
FROM the XP machine.
I had problems with this feature myself...first make sure on non-XP machines, to run
the 'Set up Remote Desktop Connection' as specified below...To install Remote Desktop
Connection (32-bit computers)

  1.. On the computer running Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000,
insert the Windows XP Professional compact disc into your CD-ROM drive.
  2.. When the Welcome page appears, click Perform additional tasks, and then click
Set up Remote Desktop Connection.
  3.. Follow the directions that appear on your screen.
or for more complete instructions at Microsoft Knowledge Base...Look for the article
below:
How to Use the Remote Desktop Feature of Windows XP Professional (Q315328)
Also, another tip, which I learned the hard way when my daughter decided to use the
'no logon' feature (auto logon)on her XP machine...the computer you are connecting to
(must be XP) must also be using the 'logon screen' with user name and password.  There
may be a way to bypass this, but I haven't found it yet.
You must also have Administrator Privileges.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Marg Belliveau