From:
Mike Garrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:15:43 -0500
    Hi Kevin,

I don't know of a document such as you asked about, but I recall that there
is (or was) a mailing list or newsgroup about old tube gear called something
like the "boat anchor" list. Sorry that's so vague. I'm sure I've seen a FAQ
about old communications receivers, but I lost a lot of that info when I had
to reformat my hard drive a few months ago.

I have a bunch of old military surplus crystals that cover primarily the 80
and 40 meter ham bands--both fone and CW. I don't know the holder
designation, but I used them in a home brew rig when I was a kid and also in
a Johnson Viking Ranger, so I'm sure they are the type you are looking for.
Let me know if you are interested and I can let you know what frequencies I
have. I would be glad for them to have a good home, and would part with them
for a nominal amount, mainly to cover shipping. They haven't been in service
for many years, and even though the holders are hermetically sealed, I've
heard they may, though rarely, need cleaning, which can be done with care.

--Mike, K9AZS