From:
Paul WR1X <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul WR1X <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 10:27:51 -0500
Good morning to the list,

I remember reading a few messages a short while back about the ARRL Handbook
on CD and if it was accessible using a screen reader.  I didn't see any
replies so I got the handbook and did my own evaluation.

The handbook reads very nicely right out of the package.  The search and
hyperlinks have no problems.

The only glitch I found is that when I did a minimal install and then
installed Acrobat 5.0 from the CD and then tried to open an existing PDF
file on my hard drive it came up with an error.  I then did a complete
install of the handbook on to the hard drive and then from that folder
installed Acrobat 5.0 and all PDF files open properly.

If you have any questions, you can e-mail me directly to the address in the
signature.

73,

Paul C. Bolduc

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Amateur radio call:  WR1X

Located in the only town named Royalston in North America