From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:25:46 -0500
What about all the files programs stick in C:\windows and/or C:\windows\system?  I don't believe everything would be back to business as usual.  When I've had crashes in the past, as much as I hated to do it, I've reformatted and reinstalled.  It kills me to have to reinstall all the software, peripherals, and PCI cards.  For that reason I bought Goback from the original developer, Wildfile, which was bought out by Adaptec and is now Roxio.  It has saved me from big crashes and small ones.  It runs during the boot so that if Windows won't run you can still roll back your hard drive to a time when it did.  I've done that a couple of times when I got the message "you need to reinstall Windows".  I simply rolled my hard drive back an hour or two, and was back up and running in a few minutes.  It was the best $40 I ever spent on software.  It also does the cleanest uninstalls because you can roll your hard drive back to a few minutes before you installed the offending software, and it's like it was never there, i.e. your registry is cleaner than a baby's bottom.  You can download a demo at www.roxio.com/goback.  Shop around, I think you can still get it for $39.95 somewhere.

--

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com